Current Affairs 21 Aug 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
First World Peace University Inaugurated in Pune
- India’s First World Peace University inaugurated in MIT, Pune by Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis. It’s a first of its kind of India.
20 August – Sadbhavana Diwas
- To commemorate the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi, The Sadbhavana Diwas is celebrated on 20 August.
- National integration, peace, love, affection and communal harmony among all Indians are encouraged on this day.
Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao selected for Agriculture Award
- Chief Minister of Telangana K Chandrashekhar Rao has been selected for the prestigious Agriculture Leadership Award-2017.
- He has been selected for the award for his Innovative services rendered to the welfare of Farmers and the farm sector.
Indian Athletes wins 37 Medals at World Dwarf Games
- The 21-men Indian team won 37 medals including 15 golds, 10 silver and 12 bronze medals in the 7th edition of the World Dwarf Games.
- The games was held in Toronto, Canada.
Two new species of Earthworm discovered in Kerala
- Two new species of earthworm belonging to the primitive family Moniligastridae in Western Ghats ranges of Kerala have discovered by Scientists.
- The new earthworms have been named as Drawida polydiverticulata and Drawida thomasi.
Tracking and Data Relay Satellite-M successfully launched by NASA
- Tracking and Data Relay Satellite-M (TDRS-M) into orbit have been sucessfully launched by The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- It is third and final satellite in a series of the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System (TDRSS), Next generation communications satellites
Govt directed to formulate a specialized unit for VIP Security
- The Government of India has directed all states and union territories to formulate a Specialized Unit for VIP Security.
- The aim of the direction is to assuring protection for all dignitaries including the Prime Minister and The President when they visit states.
Udaipur’s Kalpit Veerwal included in Limca Book Records
- The first student to have scored 100% in the IIT-JEE Mains, Kalpit Veerwal from Udaipur has been included in Limca Book of Records for his achievement.
- He is 17 years old and topped with 360/360 is studying computer science at IIT, Bomaby.
Indian Origin Rahul Doshi crowned as UK’s Child Genius
- A 12 years Indian-origin boy Rahul Doshi has been crowned as the UK’s Child Genius in popular television quiz competition.
Extreme weather events are costing extreme to country
- Parliamentary Standing Committee on Agriculture has observed in its report that extreme weather events are costing India $9-10 billion annually.
- The climate change is projected to impact agricultural productivity with increasing severity from 2020 to the end of the century.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017