Current Affairs 17 Aug 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Infosys CEO ” Vishal Sikka” has resigned
- Major IT company Infosys’s CEO “Vishal Sikka” has resigned from his post of Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO).
- Now, Parveern Rao is leading the company.
- Vishal Sikka is also hold an temporary vice chairman position until new permanent CEO will appointed.
New Metro Rail policy approved
- The Union Cabinet approved new Metro Rail Policy on 16 August 2017 which will focus on compact urban development cost reduction and multi-model integration.
- The new policy seeks to enable realization of growing metro rail targets of a large number of cities.
First Partition Museum of India inaugurated in Amritsar
- India’s First Partition Museum inaugurated at border city Amritsar, Punjab.
- Chief Minister of Punjab Captain Amrinder Singh inaugurated and officially opens the museum located in the red-brick Town Hall building in Amritsar after 70 years of Independence.
Hizbul Mujahideen named as Foreign Terrorist Organization
- Pakistan based Kashmiri terrorist outfit Hizbul Mujahideen named as Foreign Terrorist Organization by The United State.
- The designation slaps a series of US sanctioned on the outfit.
Most Live able City in the World – Melbourne
- Global Liveability Report 2017 claimed that Australian city Melbourne is the most liveable city in the world.
- Economist Intelligence Unit index scores 140 major cities of the world on the scale ranging from 0 to 100 based on healthcare, education, stability, culture, environment and infrastructure parameters.
- No Indian city was ranked in the top ten or bottom ten.
Only 27312 elephants in India
- According to the census report by the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change the estimation population of Asian elephants in India is around 27,312.
- The census conducted by Asian Nature Conservation foundation at the Indian Institute of Science (Bengluru), several NGOs and independent conservationists aided the Project Elephant Directorate and Forest departments of 23 states.
Ecosystem Service Improvement Project signed between Indian and World Bank
- An agreement worth Rs.USD 24.64million has signed between India and World Bank.
- Agreement signed from Global Environment Facility (GEF) of the World Bank for Ecosystem Service Improvement Project .
Now buy LED bulbs, tube lights and fans on petrol pumps
- Memorandum of Understanding has signed between The Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and three state-owned oil marketing companies for the distribution of energy-efficient appliances through petrol pumps across India.
- The appliances include LED bulbs, tube lights and ceiling fans.
North Koel Reservoir Project approved by Union Cabinet
- North Koel Reservoir Project in Bihar and Jharkhand approved by The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The estimate expenditure of the Project is Rs 1622.27 crore to be incurred during three financial years.
MoU between India and Sweden on intellectual Property Rights approved
- The Memorandum of Understanding between India and Sweden on cooperation in the field of intellectual Property Rights approved by The Union Cabinet presided by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Knee implants 70% reduces by NAPA
- The NPPA has restricted the prices of orthopedic knee implants up to 70% lower than current market rates.
- The drug price regulator National Pharmaceuticals pricing Authority (NPPA) make decision for all orthopedic knee implants sold within India-whether domestic or imported.
More Current Affairs Aug 2017
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017