Current Affairs 06 Sep 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Social Media campaign launched to promote Geographical Indications
- A social Media campaign launched by The Cell for IPR Promotions and Management (CIPAM) to promote Indian Geographical Indications (GIs).
- The promotion of GIs in line with the Government’s Make in India campaign.
First Indian to be signed by Austrailan Basketball Team
- Indian Basketball team Captain Amritpal Singh becomes the first Indian player signed by an Australian Basketball team. He was invited by the Sydney Kings for Atlas Challenge 2017 tournament in China.
HDFC Bank listed in D-SIBs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has added HDFC Bank, the second largest private sector lender of country in list of Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs).
- HDFC is the third bank in country after State Bank of India and ICICI Bank to be added in list of D-SIBs.
New Sports Minister – Rajyavardhan Singh Rathor
- The Modi Government appointed Rajyavardhan Singh Rathor as the country’s Youth Affairs and Sports Minister in place of Vijay Goel who has been made the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs.
- The 47-year-old Rathore was up until now serving as the Minister of State for Information & Broadcasting.
Task form force for speedy implementation Namami Gange
- A task force for speedy implementation of various ongoing Namami Gange programme has constituted by The Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation. T
- he task force included minister and officials from water resources, urban development, drinking water and sanitation and rural development among others.
Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation Yojana’ (SAUNI)
- Sh.Ram Nath Kovind, The President of India recently laid of foundation stone of Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation Yojana (SAUNI) phase-2 Link-4 in Gujarat.
- This is a project launched in September 2012.
Wrestler awarded Rs 25 lakh for being barred from 2002 Asian Games
- Rs.25 lakh has been awarded as compensation by a Delhi court to decorated wrestler Satish Kumar for being wrongly restrained from taking part in the 14th Asian Games in Busan, South Korea in 2002.
- He was barred from participating in the games due to mistaken impression that he had taken performance-enhancing drugs.
World Chess Competition – Viswanathan defeted Harikrishna
- Viswanathan Anand Five-time world champion started off with a victory over Li Tian Yeoh of Malaysia in the first round of the first game of World Chess Cup in Tbilisi.
- The second highest rated Indian, P Harikrishna, however suffered a defeat at the hands of Yuri Vidal Gonzales of Cuba. Harikrishan now needs to win the return match and then win the tie-breaker as well to remain in this 128-player knockout event.
Daily Current Affairs Sep 2017