Current Affairs 05 Sep 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
MS Dhoni is the First Wicket keeper to Effect 100 Stumpings
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni Former India captain became the 1st wicket keeper in world cricket to attain 100 stumping in One Day Internationals (ODIs). Dhoni achieved the feat in his 301th ODI in Colombo, Sri Lanka
J&K to introduce ‘electric buses’ in Srinagar
- The Jammu and Kashmir Government launches electric buses for two cities of Srinagar and Jammu under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme.
- The aim is to curb pollution in these two cities which were recently declared.
The tiger augmentation programme
- Buxa Tiger Reserve in West Bengal has been identified for the Tiger augmentation programme by the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA).The aim is to save tigers.
UN Security Council emergency meeting
- To discuss an international response to North Korea’s latest nuclear test, The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) will hold an emergency meeting.
- North Korea tested a hydrogen bomb that could be mounted on a missile and is its biggest nuclear detonation.
Successful test of Hydrogen Bomb – claimed North Korea
- North Korea announced successful test of hydrogen bomb that can be placed on an intercontinental ballistic missile. The state news agency made announcement after geological agencies registered a man-made quake in the northeast of the country.
USD 1.4 billion loan approved for projects in India, China and Russia
- USD 1.4 billion loans for sustainable development projects in India, China and Russia has been approved by The New Development Bank.
- The four infrastructure and sustainable development projects in the three countries has approved by the Board of Directors of Bank.
U.S Ambassador to India – Kenneth I. Juster
- Kenneth I. Juster, Deputy Director of the National Economic Council nominated as the next U.S ambassador to India.
- At the White House The post is vacant since January 20, 2017, when Trump was sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.
Construction of BRICS bank headquarters starts in Shanghai
- A foundation stone laying ceremony for the construction of the permanent headquarters building of the BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) was held on September2 in Shanghai, China.
Daily Current Affairs Sep 2017