Current Affairs 03 Sep 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
India’s first world heritage city – Ahmedabad
- Gujarat’s City Ahemedabad got the certificate of India’s First World Heritage City with UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova handing over the certificate te in this regard to Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
- After the certification Ahmedabad got the position of 1st city in India and third in Asia with the status of world heritage city.
First Civilian Drone Base opens in China
- The Civil Aviation Administration of China opens the country’s first test-flight base for civilian drones in Shanghai.
- The base, situated in the district of Qingpu, will provide service to thousands of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in a country where private drones have become very popular, reports Efe news.
Guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- The Guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana has been released by the Government.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi had publicized the pan-India implementation of this scheme w.e.f. 01st January, 2017.
- Guidelines include Aadhaar linkage, Direct Benefit Transfer, antenatal check-up and registration of child birth & first cycle of immunization of the child.
Shallot processing center inaugurated in Tamil Nadu
- Shallots (small onions)’s central processing centre has come up in Tamil Nadu’s Perambalur village.
- The Common Food Processing Incubation Centre was set up at a cost of rs.1 crore to prevent wastage of shallots and to increase farmers’ income.
Gaurav Bidhuri wins Bronze Medal At WBC
- Gaurav Bidhuri dream comes true when he debut at the AIBA World Boxing Championships with a bronze in the bantamweight category (56kg), becoming the fourth Indian ever to win a medal at the global meet.
FTA talks of India-European this month
- Free Trade Association (EFTA) of India and the European are planning to shortly conclude their long pending negotiations on FTA. So far, 16 rounds of negotiations have taken place, talks for which started in 2008.
Adani Group’s Collaboration with Swedish giant
- Indian conglomerate Adani group and Swedish defence giant Saab announced collaboration in defence manufacturing.
- The collaboration involving billions of dollars of investment, mainly eyes a contract for single-engine fighter jets for India, Keeping in line with the make in India initiative.
Constitution of Empowered Steering Committee approved by Sports Committee
- Constitution of 13-member Empowered Steering Committee (ESC) has been approved by The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports .
- It will manipulate India’s. preparation for multi-disciplinary events, including 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
- The decision to form ESC was taken on basis of recommendations made by Olympic Task Force headed by Abhinav Bindta in its interim report.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017