Current Affairs 02 Sep 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Deadline of Aadhaar-PAN linking extended till December 31
- The deadline for linking Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar extentended to December 31 by four months.
- Earlier, the last date for linking PAN to Aadhaar was August 31. The government had made compulsory the linking of the two databases for filing ITRs.
CSIR got 9th position in Public institution of the world
- The Council of Scientific and industrial Research (CSIR), was ranked 9th best government organization of the world.
- CSIR is the India’s largest autonomous public research and development organization.
- The rank was given according to Scimago Institutions ranking world Report 2017.
Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship resigned
- The Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Rajiv Pratap Rudy was resigned from his position ahead of a likely reshuffle of the Union Cabinet.
New Chairperson of CBSE- Anita Karwal
- Anita Karwal, IAS Officer from 1988 batch has been appointed as the new chairperson of Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE.
- During Lok Sabha election in 2014, she was the Gujarat Chief Electoral Officer.
- Anita Karwal would be replacing Rajesh Kumar Cjaturvedi, who has been appointed as Director General of the National Skill Development Agency.
Sunil Arora appointed Election Commissioner
- Former Information and Broadcasting Secretary Sunil Arora (61) has appointed as Election Commissioner by the Union Government.
- He will serve for four years in the Election Commission.
- His appointment comes to fill the vacancy created by former CEC Nasim Zaidi’s retirement in July 2017.
Growth slips to 2.4% in July 2017
- The growth of eight core sectors slowed to 2.4% in July 2017 due to reduction in output of crude oil, refinery products, fertilizer and cement.
- These eight sectors had 3.1% growth in July 2016.
- These eight core sectors recorded a growth of 2.5% in April-July 2017 period as against 6% in same period in 2016.
- In June, these eight sectors had recorded growth rate of 0.8%.
U Kamachi Mudali- New Chief of Heavy Water Board
- U Kamachi Mudali, Nuclear Scientist appointed as Chief Executive of the Heavy Water Board.
New DFS Secretary – Rajiv Kumar
- Rajiv Kumar, The Senior Bureaucrat has been appointed as the secretary in the Department of Financial Services (DFS).
- Department of Personnel and Training was announced the order of appointment.
- Department of Financial Services covers the functioning of banks, financial institutions, insurance companies and the national pension system.
PVR’s Chairman and MD bags ‘Exhibitor of the Year’ Award
- Ajay Bijli, Chairman and Managing Director of PVR Limited, will be the “Exhibitor of the Year” Award at the CineAsia Awards Ceremony on 14 December 2017 in Hong Kong.
- PVR began as a joint venture agreement with Village Road show, a global film production and Exhibition Company of Australia, and within a few years, the company established the multiplex format in India.
Harshil Mehta appointed as Joint MD and CEO of DHFL
- Harshil Mehta appointed as Joint Managing Director and CEO of Housing finance company DHFL today.
- The appointment signifies the company’s endeavor to develop a capable executive team to accelerate organization’s growth, provide greater impetus to support the ‘Housing for All’ mission and remain focused on serving the LMI customer segment.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017