Current Affairs 01 Sep 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
First gene therapy for cancer approved by US
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) permitted first gene therapy, a treatment that uses patient’s own immune cells to fight acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- The sanction will usher new approach to treatment of cancer and other serious and life-threatening diseases.
No interview in govt jobs in UP
- The Uttar Pradesh cabinet approved the proposal of end of interviews in Govt Jobs.
- On Tuesday Government decided to end the process of holding interview for selection of candidates for the government jobs in all the non-gazette posts of Group B, C and D categories.
First world Peace University in MIT, Pune
- The Dr Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University located in Pune was inaugurated by chief minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis.
- Envisioning education through a holistic outlook of knowledge building to set up peace and harmony in the world,
Govt exempted room rents from GST
- Giving clarifications on levy of GST on the tariff for various accommodations services, the central Board of Excise and customs exempted the hospitals room from Good and Service Tax. No GST on room tariffs of less than rs.1000.
First phase of Army reforms approved by CCS
- Implementation of first phase of reforms pertaining to the Indian Army based approved by The Union Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The approval was made on recommendations of Lt Gen Shekatkar Committee.
- The aim of reforms is to enhance combat capability and also optimize and rebalance defence expenditure of Indian Army in phased manner by December 2019. It is first ever reform exercise to be undertaken in Indian Army since independence.
Navigation IRNSS-IH’s launch unsuccessful – ISRO
- The launch of IRSO’s eight navigation satellite IRNSS-1H onbaord of PSLV-C39 was unsuccessful.
- The launch was in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. Accotding to ISRO the heat shield did not separate as a result of which satellite did not complete the 4th stage.
- It was being sent to space to back up and replace the functions of India’s first navigation satellite IRNSS-1A (launched in July 2013) as its three rubidium atomic clocks on board had stopped functioning.
India, Switzerland signed two MoUs in the field of Railways
- India and Switzerland have inked two Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) for exchanging technical cooperation in the field of Railways.
- Agreements inked after delegation level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting President of Swiss Confederation Doris Leuthard in New Delhi
Saraswati Samman goes to Konkani writer
- Eminent Konkani writer Mahabaleshwar Sail (74) was honored with prestigious Saraswati Samman 2016. He was awarded for his novel “Hawthan (हावटण)” that captured educational lives of traditional potter community in Goa.
Equivalence of posts in PSUs, Banks, Insuarance companies approved by Cabinet
- The norms for establishing equivalence of posts in Government, Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), Banks, Insurance Institutions approved by The Union Cabinet. The approval came for claiming benefits of OBS reservations and came after 24 years.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017