Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
India’s First Helicopter-Taxi Service in Bengaluru
- Thumby aviation Private Limited partnered with the Banglore International Airport Limited started Helicopter Taxi Service.
- The helicopter service will initially be operated between Bengluru’s Kempegowda international Airport and The Electronics city area.
- The travel time will be 15 minutes.
Highest Paid Authors-2017- J. K. Rowling
- JK Rowling, creator of Harry Potter is highest paid earner in the global industry. Forbes’s List of 10 highest earners, JK Rowing leads with 95million dollars.
Old-timer actor Sharada awarded with Prem Nazir
- Veteran actor and national award winner sharada selected Prem Nazir Award 2017. For her performance in 1968’s tragedy Film “Thulabharam” she won three national awards.
Finance Ministry launches Bharat 22
- Union Finance Ministry has launched Bharat-22 (second exchange-traded Fund (ETF).
- The Project will speedup Government’s disinvestment programmer budgeted to raise a record Rs.72, 500 crore in the financial year 2018.
Compulsory retirement for non-performing teachers and officials in Bihar
- Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister of Bihar held non-performing teachers responsible for worsening education system in Bihar. He passed orders for compulsory retirement for non-performing teachers & Officials above 50 working in State.
Railway’s first DPC contract with L & T
- The India Railways has signed EPC (engineering Procurement, construction) contract with Larsen and Turbo for electrification of railway lines. This is the first EPC of Indian Railways.
Private missile production facility unveiled in Hyderabad
- In a joint venture, Kalyani Group and Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense System Ltd unveiled India’s first private sector missile sub-systems manufacturing facility near Hyderabad. The production is expected to start in few weeks.
Monuments protected by ASI declared Polythene Free Zones
- All 3686 historical monuments and archeological sites protected by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) declared polythene free zones.
US Senate confirms appointment of three Indian Americans
- US President Donald Trump have appointed three Indian-Americans. Selected people will perform as government officials in US.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017