Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
US ban its citizen travelling to North Korea
- The United States banned its citizen travelling to North Korea after the death of a US Student imprisoned by Pyongyang during tourist visit. The ban will come in to effect by September 01.
Govt Approval to Big Basket for FDI in food retail
- BigBasket, a online grocery firm now can retail the food products and manufactured or produced in India. Earlier only Grofers and Amazon India received the governments approval for foreign direct investment. 100% FDI is only applicable for food products manufactured or produced in India.
Sun’s core rotating 4 times faster – Research
- Researchers have discovered that Core of Sun is rotating 4time faster than its surface. In a joint project of ESA and NASA, after the 16years of observation from Global Oscillations at Low Frequency) instrument on Solar and Heliospheric Observatory spacecraft researchers found this.
Lok Sabha passed Banking Regulation Bill
- The Lok Sabha passed Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill on 03 August 2017. Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister of India introduced this bill to amend the Banking Regulation Act 1949. Aim of the bill is to allows the RBI to initiate insolvency resolution process on specific stressed-assets.
MahaDBT and MahaVastu Portals launched by Maharashtra
- Govt of Maharashtra launched two online portals for direct benefit transfer of over 40 Schemes. Maharashtra is the first state to launch a portal that will provide direct benefits with Aadhar Authentication. .
Lok Sabha Pass bill to establish Petroleum and energy institute
- The Lok Sabha passed a bill on 4 aug 2017 to establish an institute of Petroleum and Energy in Visakhapatnam in Andra Pradesh. The institute aims to provide high quality education and research focusing on the themes of petroleum, hydrocarbons and energy.
No Mobile Phones during class at Haryana Govt Schools
- The Education Department of Haryana Government directed to all Govt School teachers and headmaster through a notification to not to use mobile phones in classrooms. Head of the School will accountable for violation of this norm.
NABARD’s Capital will increase Six times
- Lok Sabha passes the bill to raise the capital of Nabard’s to Rs.30,000 crore which is six times to its current capital. Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State for Finance said this move to a major beneficial step for doubling farmers income by 2022.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017