Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Home delivery for Online Tatkal Railway Tickets
- Now, Railway tatkal tickets is now available for home delivery through IRCTC.
- Earlier, users had to pay before first via online payment gateways before portal confirmed the ticket but now they can pay after tickets delivered at their doorstep.
Punjab Govt appointed cricketer Harmanpreet Kaur as DSP
- Indian all-rounder cricketer Harmanpreet Kaur score 171 against Australia during semifinals of ICC Women’s World Cup 2017. As a reward of his amazing performance, Punjab Govt appointed her as Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).
GST Extension in Jammu and Kashmir bill passed in Lok Sabha
- Lok Sabha passed the bill for implementation of GST at Jammu Kashmir. Two bills included Central Goods and Service Tax (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill, 2017 and Integrated Goods and Service Tax (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill 2017.
Humraaz app for soldiers develops
- Indian Army develops app with the name of Humraaz. Aim of the app is to track promotion and postings of soldiers.
Samsung ties up with State bank of India
- Samsung launched its digital wallet app Samsung pay with state bank of India. This tie up make Samsung smartphones into electronic card-holders and users can pay at point-of-sale terminals with a tap on the cards stored in Samsung pay.
- Samsung pay has also given offers to users Rs.100 cashback on transaction of Rs.500 with SBI card.
Repo rates cut by 25 bps to 6% by RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India’s Monetary Policy Committee reduced repo rate by 25 basis points to 6%. RBI make this decision during third bimonthly policy review for the financial year 2017-2018.
World bank allowed India to make Kishanganga, Ratle Hydro Power Plants
- India now can construct Kishanganga, Ratle hydroelectric powert facilities on tributaries of the Jhelum and Chenab rivers, But India also have to take care of 1960 Indus Waters Treaty (IWT).
- These two rivers (Jhelum and Chenab) are part of Western River along with Indus River Under.
Tie-up of Airtel and HPCL for ATM services
- Airtel Payment Bank and Hindustan Petroleum Cooperation joints hands for ATM Services. After this partnership, consumers can make cash deposits, withdrawal money and transfer money from any HPCL fuel stations.
New Secretary General of FICCI – Sanjay Baru
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s media advisor is now New Secretary general of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- He will replace Dadar Singh on September 1 and will assume the charge.
Hussan Rouhani’s Second Term as Iran’s President
- Hussan Rouhani sworn in as President of Iran second time. Before 05 August 2017 he has to present his cabinet. According to the rules of Iran.
- President’s election is required to get the leaders approval before sworn-in before the Parliament.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017