Current Affairs 31 Aug 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
“Hanging bridge” inaugurated in Kota
- The hanging bridge inaugurated in Kota by Prime Minister Narendra Modi via video conferencing from Udaipur.
- The bridge threw open to traffic Rajasthan’s first six-lane cable stayed (CS) bridge in Kota.
- The bridge, over Chambal River, has the longest main span of 350 metre in the country and will also act as a bypass to Kota City.
World’s first Uranium bank in Kazakhstan
- World’s first uranium bank opens in Kazakhstan by The International Atomic Energy Agency, the U.N. global nuclear watchdog.
- A $150-million facility designed to discourage new nations from enriching the nuclear fuel.
- The Bank will store up to 90 tonnes of the fuel, enough to power a large city for three years, and sell it to IAEA members if they are unable to procure it elsewhere.
New industrial policy by Government
- Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) Department under the Commerce and Industry Ministry is going to release a new industrial policy by October 2017.
- It is expected to replace National Manufacturing Policy (NMP) released in 2011.
- The aims is to make India a manufacturing hub by promoting ‘Make in India’ with focus on encouraging Indian branded products with higher value addition.
Skill development programme launched by Delhi Police
- A skill development programme launched by Delhi Police under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana with the name of YUVA.
- The aims to connect with youth by upgrading their skill as per their competencies.
- It will help them to get a gainful employment under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna under the Ministry of Skill Development.
Privacy safeguards can make Aadhaar a global model
- The Supreme Court judgement on the right to privacy comes at a critical moment in India’s and the world’s transformation to a digital economy.
- This decision will also have a major impact on identification technology and policy across the globe.
- The SC judgement gives the opportunity to provide a strong privacy foundation to Aadhaar.
Geographical Indication status got by Gobindo-bhog rice
- West Bengal’s Gobindobhog rice has received the Geographical Indication Status form Geographical Indication Registry (GIR) after 2 years.
- The state government had applied for the GI status on 24 Aug 2015.
India’s 1st medal at World Boxing C’ships by Bidhuri
- Gaurav Bidhuri, an Indian boxer wins first medal at the World Boxing Championships 2017 after defeating Tunisia’s Bilel Mhamdi to enter the semifinals of the 56kg event.
- He was a wildcard entrant and now became only the fourth Indian boxer to secure himself a medal in the World Boxing Championships.
Flood warning for 11 states
- Government of India has issued moderate flood warning to Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Goa, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Government issued warnings in eleven states in view of heavy to very heavy rainfall forecast by Met Department in the next 48 to 72 hours.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017