Current Affairs 30 Aug 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Rs 7,900 crore Penalty on Vodafone by I-T dept imposes
- Rs 7,900 crore penalty on the tax demand of the same amount on a unit of billionaire Li Ka-shing’s CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd has imposed by The Income Tax Department .
- The penalty is on its decade-old sale of mobile phone business in India to Vodafone Group Plc.
- Vodafone had in 2007 acquired 67% stake in the mobile-phone business owned by Hutchison Whampoa, now part of CK Hutchison.
Uber’s New CEO is Dara Khosrowshahi
- Dara Khosrowshahi from Iran is the new CEO of Transport Company Uber .
- Khosrowshahi is the CEO of online travel booking company Expedia Inc. Travis Kalanick was the previous CEO.
World’s Toughest Law Against Plastic Bags imposed in Kenya
- Selling or even using plastic bags in Kenya will risk imprisonment of up to four years or fines of $40,000.
- The aim of the law is to reducing plastic pollution. It is the world’s toughest law.
National Sports Day
- The National Sports Day is observed every year on 29th august every year to birth anniversary of the legendary hockey player Dhyan Chand. His date of Birth was 29 aug 1905.
- On this occasion, President Ram Nath KovKovind presented National sports Awards to 29 players.
- The President conferred Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, Arjuna Award and Dronacharya Award.
National Sports Talent Search Portal launched
- National Sports Talent Search Portal’ has been launched by The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- The portal aims to unearth sporting talent from every nook and corner of the country. It will also available as Smartphone application.
Plea to direct BCCI to e-auction IPL rights rejected by SC
- The Supreme Court rejected the plea by BJP Leader Subramanian Swamy to direct the BCCI to conduct e-auction for awarding media rights relating to the Indian Premier League (IPL) matches.
- The decision is a major relief for the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Releasing of consolidate FDI policy charter
- The government has brought out the latest edition of its consolidated FDI policy document, which is a collection of the changes made in the past one year in a single document.
- The aim is to make sure greater ease of doing business in India and an investor-friendly climate to foreign investors so that the country attracts more FDI.
India and Germany signed an Agreement on renewable energy improvement
- India and Germany has inked an agreement on technical cooperation under the Indo-German Energy Programme – Green Energy Corridors (IGEN-GEC).
- The agreement was signed between India’s Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH India on behalf of Germany.
Nitasha Biswas wins First Miss TransQueen India
- The first Miss TransQueen India title wins by Nitasha Biswas, a transwoman from Kolkata.
- The competition held in Gurugram, Haryana which makes her world famous.
- She is currently doing Masters in Business Management in Kolkata, West Bengal.
SAFF Championships wins by Indian U-15 Football Team
- The Indian U-15 football team wins SAFF U-15 Championships in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- They defeated Nepal Team. They were trailing 0-1 at the interval, but second half goals from Lalrokima and Vikram finalized the trophy for the Indian side.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017