Current Affairs 28 Sep 2017
Current Affairs 28 Sep 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Umbrella scheme approved by Government
- For implementation of Umbrella scheme of modernization of Police Forces (MPF), The Cabinet Committee of Security has given its approval. It is biggest internal security scheme in the country.
New name of Kandla port Deendyal Port
- During the celebration of yearlong centenary of Pandit Deendyal Upadhyay, The Kandla port renamed as deendyal port Trust by excising powers conferred on it under Indian Ports Act, 1908.
Ambassador for Swachhata hi Seva – Bilal Dar from Srinagar
- A young boy from Srinagar, Bilal Dar has become the brand ambassador for Srinagar Municipal Corporation. He has been contributing to the Swachhta Abhiyan since the age of 12.
Worlds 3rd Largest Energy Firm Reliance
- According to Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Ranking, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) is the worlds third biggest energy company behind Russian gas firm Gazpron and German utility.
Campaign of Incredible India launched in Cairo
- A month long campaign of Incredible India has been launched by the Embassy of India in Cairo. The aim is to woo Egyptian travellers and make them aware of magnificent holiday options in the country.
Break analysis of 5247 large dams
- Government of India is planning to conduct a break analysis of 5247 large dams across the country. Centre Government put in place an emergency action plan, especially for the 196 that are over 100 years old.
40 countries International Solar Alliance
- Fiji, Niger and Tuvalu have deposited instrument of ratification of the Framework Contract of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) in the freshly held 5th meeting of International Steering Committee (ISC) of the ISA.
- 40 Nations have signed and 11 countries have ratified the Framework Agreement of the ISA.
India and Belaruss investment treaty approved
- The signing and ratification of Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT) between India and Belarus has been approved by The Union Cabinet. A MoU has also signed between both countries in Oil and gas sector.
India is at 40th position of Global Competitiveness index
- Among 137 countries, India placed on 40th rank on world Economic Forums (WEF) Global Competitiveness Index (GCI) 2017-2018. India was on 39th position last year.
Daily Current Affairs Sep 2017
Current Affairs Ques/Answer PDF Download