Current Affairs 23 Aug 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Triple Talaq is unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of India in its judgment on 22 August 2017 struck down the validity of triple talaq by a majority 3:2.
- According to Supreme Court Triple Talaq is unconstitutional and also against Shariat and the basic tenets of the Quran.
New Android version of Google – Oreo
- The new version of Google officially announced with the name of Oreo. Earlier, it was known as Android O. Oreo is smarter, faster and more powerful than ever.
Digital Police portal launched by Government
- The Ministry of Home Affairs opened digital police portal under Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and System Project (CCTNS).
- This is a smart policing initiative of the Government to provide services to citizens and aid efficient police investigation.
First Regional centre of NDB opens in South Africa
- The first regional centre of the New Development Bank, set up by India and other BRICS nations, was officially opened in Johannesburg by South African President Jacob Zuma and the banks Indian head K V Kamath.
HRD launched Swasth Bachhe, Swasth Bharat
- The Human Resource Development Ministry launched Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat programme.
- The aim is to prepare a physical health and fitness profile card for more than 12 lakhs of Kendriya Vidyalaya students.
New therapy to discovered to prevent sepsis
- Scientists form US have discovered an inexpensive prevention technique (therapy) against sepsis in new born babies.
- US-based Indian doctor Dr.Pinaki Panigrahi led the team and discovered the therapy.
Clouding Project Varshadhari launched by Karnataka Govt
- The Government of Karnataka has launched clouding seeding project Varshadhari in Bengluru under which as aircraft will spray chemicals to induce rainfall.
- The project will cover Benguluru, Gadag and Yadgir district of the state.
Banks to pay 3% GST on gold imports: CBEC
- Banks importing gold and precious metals will have to pay 3% tax under the GST which can be claimed as input tax credit.
- Central Board of Excise and Customs said banks did not pay any VAT on the import of precious metals before. They only paid customs duty.
Shapath Bharadwaj won bronze in – Shotgun world cup in Italy
- A 15-year-old from Meerut, Shapath Bharadwaj won a bronze medal in the double trap event at the ISSF Junior Shotgun World Cup in Italy.
- Earlier, shooters Lakshay Sheoran and Manisha Keer combined to win a bronze medal in the mixed team trap event.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017