Current Affairs 22 Aug 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Cap-Shaped World Cup stadium in Qatar
- Qatar, the host nation would be building a stadium shaped like an Arabian skull cap for the event. This announcement was made by FIFA World Cup organizers.
70-ft Buddha statue in Ghantasala
- Decks have been cleared for the construction of a Rs. 1.5-crore project to develop Ghantasala village in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh as one of the prime Buddhist tourist spots in the State, which envisages construction of 70- ft statue of Buddha.
Defence Ministry approved delegation of Powers to Border Roads Organization
- The Ministry of Defence has decided to hand over administrative and financial powers to the Border Roads Organization (BRO) right upto the level of Chief Engineer and Task Force Commander, so as to avoid delays.
New state of matter revealed
- Scientists have revealed a latent new state of matter that may help explain phenomena like superconductivity.
- In the new state, the material’s electrons are aligned in a way to reduce the symmetry of the original crystal, something that now appears to be universal among alternative superconductors.
Smallest surgical robot created
- Scientists of UK have developed the world’s smallest surgical robot with low-cost technology used in mobile phones and space industries.
- The robot is called Versius. The robot is controlled by a surgeon at a console guided by a 3D screen in the working theatre.
Navika Sagar Parikrama : Indian Navy’s All women Team
- Under Navika Sagar Parikrama project a team of women officers of the Indian Navy would go around the globe on an Indian-built sail boat INSV Tarini.
- This is the first ever Indian circum navigation of the globe by an all-women crew.
Anti-dumping duty imposed on tempered glass from China.
- Ministry of Finance (Revenue Department) has imposed anti-dumping duty on certain “textured toughened (tempered) glass” imported from China.
- The aim is to protecting the domestic industry from cheaper imports.
- It will be effective for five years.
Indian Navy’s second “LCU Mark IV L52 ship” specially made at Port Blair
- Indian Navy’s second LCU (landing craft utility) Mark IV L52 ship was specially made at Port Blair, capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- LCU L52 is the second LCU Mk-IV class ship to be inducted into the Indian Navy.
- It has been indigenously intended and built by Garden Reach Shipbuilder and engineers (GRSE) KOLKATA.
Lost WWII Wreckage of warship found after 72years
- Civilian Researchers led by Microsoft co-Founder Paul Allen discovered the wreckage of World War II warship USS Indianapolis 18000 feet below the surface in the Pacific Ocean after 72 years.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017