Current Affairs 20 Aug 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali Campaign launched
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change launched the Harit Diwali Swasth Diwali campaign.
- The aim of the campaign is to enlighten the children about harmful fire crackers.
- It will motivate children to not to buy fire crackers instead buy a gift, food item or sweets for poor and underprivileged.
New note of Rs.50 will issue shortly by RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) soon will issue a new banknote of rs.50 denomination in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. The base color of the new notes will be fluorescent blue.
First Cyber Court in e-commerce hub launched by China
- Chine launched its first cyber court specializing in resolving Internet-related cases in the e-commerce hub of Hangzhou.
- It will handle cases such as online trade disputes and copyright lawsuits.
Russia’s New Ambassador to India- Nikolay Kudashev
- Russia appointed career diplomat Nikolay Kudashev as Russia’s new ambassador to India.
- Russian President Vlamidir Putin makes this appointment after the seven months of the death of previous ambassador to India Alexander Kadakin.
Neymar is now Goodwill Ambassador for Disabled
- World’s most expensive player Neymar form Brazil becomes the Goodwill Ambassador for Handicap International. He pledges to work for millions who are less visible but deserve equality.
First Tamil Navy Chief appointed by Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka appointed Rear Admiral Travis Sinniah as Chief of Naval Forces.
- He is the first form the minority Tamil community to head the Navy since the brutal civil war erupted in country 45 years ago.
Now Union Bank will sale Insurance
- Union Bank of Indian signed agreement with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and Cholamandalam MS General Insurance for distribution of their insurance products.
From China and Brahmputra, No Data this year
- Intimation at China’s responsibility for current epidemic of floods across the Northeastern States, Indian has accused Beijing of not sharing any water-related data about the Himalayan Rivers in the current year.
Honey Bee Day to save Indian Honey Bee
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) celebrated world Honey Bee Day on 19 August across the country.
- The main aim of the celebration is to create awareness about Beekeeping and uses of its products including Honey.
Sanjeev Gupta – New President and MD of General Motors India
- General Motos India’s Chief Financial Officer Sanjeev Gupta was appointed as President and Managing Director of Company. He joined company in 2003.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017