Current Affairs 19 Aug 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Indian Army will get 6 Apache attack helicopters
- The proposal of buying 6 Apache attack helicopters has approved by Defence Acquisition Council (DAC).
- The expenditure is 4168 crore for buying these helicopters.
Digital Wallet launched by BSNL
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) launched a bespoke mobile wallet powered by Mobikwik.
- It would enable its existing 100 million customers to make bill payments.
Tata Power become First Power Utility to use QR Code
- Tata Power has become the first power utility to use a QR code based bill payments system in India.
- The code linked to Unified payments interface (UPI) will be printed on the electricity bills.
Gujarat maintains the top position of most investment potential
- Gujarat has maintains the top position of most investment potential in the list of 21 states and UTs.
- According to report by economic think-tank The National Council Economic Research (NCAER) State Investment Potential Index, the ranking of was based on six pillars- labor, infrastructure, economic climate, governance and political stability, perception and land.
Bulgaria Open International Series wins by Lakshya Sen
- India’s 16 years old young Shuttler Lakshya Sen wins the Bulgaria Open International Series title after notching up a hard fought wins over croatia’s Zvonimir Durkinjak in the men’s singles final in Sofia, Bulgaria.
New artificial womb for premature babies
- The researchers have developed an artificial womb that has been used to incubate healthy baby lambs for week.
- According to a report published in The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Researchers hope the Technology will one be able to do the same for extremely premature babies.
MyFastag and Fastag partner mobile apps launched by NHAI
- Two new mobile apps named MyFastag and FasTag Partner has been launched by The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
- Aim of the apps is to facilitate the availability of FasTag for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) project.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017