Current Affairs 17 Aug 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Indian Govt banned dangerous “Blue Whale Challenge” Game
- Indian Government asks to all major internet companies/ social networking sites (i.e Facebook, whatsapp, twitter,yahoo etc.) to remove the advertising links of the dangerous game “Blue Whale Challenge”.
- This game is very dangerous, It forced child’s to commit suicide.
- Mainly hackers hack your device/data through this game & give directions to play various tasks/challenges for 50 days and at last ask to commit suicide.
Now Assam and Manipur have powers to decide on AFSPA
- Home Ministry is set to give up its power to impose the “disturbed areas” tag on Assam and Manipur.
- After 1990, it would be the first time when the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) was first invoked in Assam that the centre could give up its power to continue or discontinue it.
President approved Gallantra Awards to Armed forces personnel
- 112 Gallantry Awards to Armed Forced Personnel and members of Paramilitry Forces approved by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Awards included 5 Kirti Chakras, 17 Shaurya Chakras, 85 Sena Medals (Gallantry), 3 Nao Sena Medals (Gallantry) and two Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry)
MasterCard is planning to use Block chain technology
- MasterCard is planning to working on a network that can incorporate the benefits of block chain technology while meeting the requirements of a globally distributed financial network.
- This platform will support a wide range of use cases, including but not exclusive to B2B inter-bank payments, tracking trade finance obligations along the value chain, exchanging KYC or AML data between trusted parties and more.
Injectable tissue bandage developed by Scientist
- The University of Toronto, Canada’s Scientists have developed a injectable tissue bandage dubbed as Angiochip, smaller than a postage stamp that can repair damaged hearts.
- It is made out of the biocompatible, biodegradable polymer.
Climate researchers claimed Aeroplanes affecting ozone, monsoon
- Climate researchers claimed in a recent study that aeroplanes may be ejecting significant amounts of black carbon, which in turn is affecting monsoon, depleting the ozone layer and quickening glacier melt.
Three pacts signed between Nepal and China
- Three pacts to further boost their ties in power, energy and economic sectors have signed between China and Nepal.
- The agreement will cover Oil and gas resources exploration, economic and technological cooperation and promotion of investment.
TAPI gas pipeline’s steering committee will host by India
- India will host the coming steering committee meeting of Turkmenistan- Afganistan- Pakistan- India (TAPI) gas pipeline.
- The 1814 kilometer long pipeline is proposed trans-country natural gas pipeline developed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017