Daily Current Affairs 16 Aug 2017 - Earn Money Jobs
Daily Current Affairs 16 Aug 2017
August 16, 2017
Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Under-19 Cricket Asia Cup shifted from India to Malaysia
- Asian cricket council has withdrawn Under-19 Asia cup hosting rights from India as apposed by Pakistan.
- Previously, It scheduled to be held in Bangluru, India. But now hosting rights shifted from India to Malaysia on objection of Pakistan cricket board.
India’s 1st Railway Disaster Management System
- India expected to comes up with first Railway Disaster Mgmt System near Bangluru by next year.
- Its main objective is to provide training for rescue operations.
- Indian Railway has announced funds of Rs.44.42 crore for Railway Disaster Mgmt Institute at village Hejjala (Bangluru).
Somalia declares Polio free country
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) of United nation has declared Somalia as Polio free country.
- There is no Polio case detected in this country since last three years.
Norway has fastest Mobile internet in the world
- As per global leader Ookla broadband testing, Norway has fastest growing mobile internet all over the world.
- Telenor is one of the major network operator in Norway which also build its own networks & provide fastest speed.
- After Norway, Netherland & Hungary is on 2nd & 3rd position in Mobile internet speed.
National Mission for clean Ganga approved 10 new projects
- National Mission for clean Ganga has approved 10 new projects in UP, Bihar & west Bangal including Ganga awareness centers & sewage treatment & infrastructure etc.
- One of the project to build Ganga monitoring centers is also approved for 5 reparian Ganga states.
Marconi lifetime achievement award goes to – Stanford University Prof
- Marconi is an US based society, declared it’s lifetime achievement award that goes to Thomas Kailath.
- Indian Born Thomas Kailath is an Professor of modern communication in Stanford University
P.B Balaji – appointed as Chief Financial Officer in Tata Motors Group
- Tata Motors Group has appointed new CFO (Chief Financial Officer) – P.B Balaji. He will join Tata motors group’s from Nov 2017.
- P.B balaji is an Financial professional in corporate sector from last 20 years.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017
Previous Years Papers
Study Notes PDF
Computer Awareness Notes