Current Affairs 09 Oct 2017
Current Affairs 09 Oct 2017 | Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
World Post Day – 09 October 2017
- World Post Day is celebrated each year on 9 October.
- The aim of Day is to bring awareness to the Post’s role in the everyday lives of people and businesses, as well as its contribution to global social and economic development.
Columbus Day – 09 October 2017
- Columbus Day, celebrated on second Monday of October in the remembrance of Christopher Columbus’ arrival to the America on October 12, 1492.
GST rates reduced on 27 products and services
- The government of India reduced the GST rates on 27 products and services and introduced a 0.1% GST rate for merchant exporters.
- Government offers relief from the full-applicable GST rates on their procurements.
- GST on products like sliced dried mangos, khakhra, plain chapattis is reduced to 5% from 12%, and services like zari work are down from 12% to 5%.
SBI Chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya retires
- First Chairman of State Bank of India, Arundhati Bhattacharya retired on Friday, over 40 years after joining the country’s largest lender as a probationary officer.
Smart Bandage developed by Scientist
- US based Scientists developed smart bandage that can precisely control dose and delivery schedule of medication tailored for a specified type of wound, leading of faster healing.
First test to detect Zika Virus approved by US
- Food and Drug Administration of America has approved first test to detect Zika Virus in donated blood.
- The Cobas Zika test is manufactured by Roche Molecular system Inc.
CBSE Class 10 board exams to be reintroduced
- According to the Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar, the CBSE Class 10 board examination will be reintroduced as part of the ongoing reforms in the education system.
- The exam was made optional by the UPA government from academic session 2010-2011.
- Further, Class 5 and 8 students who would fail in the end-term examinations would be detained in these classes.
National Axis Bank Acquire Free Charge & CEO Sangram Singh
- Axis Bank announced the acquisition of mobile wallet firm Free Charge and appointed Sangram Singh as its CEO.
- The bank has completed the acquisition of FreeCharge for a cash consideration of 373.27 crore, on a cash free, debt free basis.
- Free Charge presently has a revenue of about 80 crore.
Daily Current Affairs Sep 2017
Current Affairs Ques/Answer PDF Download