Current Affairs 3 Aug 2017
August 3, 2017
Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Govt launched e-RaKaM Portal to sell Agro products online
- E-Rakam portal is launched by Govt. to provide a common platform for selling agriculture related products, connect farmers to internet marketing (e-commerce business).
- This way helps the farmers to sell their agriculture produces to biggest market through online portal.
- E-Rakam portal development is accomplished by MSTC limited and joint initiated by CWRC (Central warehousing Corporation).
Agreement signed between India & Somalia
- India and Somalia signed agreement for the transfer of imprisoned persons between both countries. Smt. Sushma Swaraj (Minister of External Affairs of India) and Yusuf Garad Omar (Federal Republic of Somalia) signed the agreement.
Mukesh Ambani on the top of richest persons list
- Mukesh Ambani (chairmen of reliance) is the richest person of Asia while Hong Kongs Li Ka-Shing is on the 2nd position. In the Bloomberg Billionaires index, Mukeshs wealth increase $12.1 billion.
Flipkart & Ebay India merging
- The already announced merger deal of flipkart and Ebay has finally completed. Ebay.in sold in $500 million cash investment. Flipkart group raised $1.4 billion from global technology majors ebay, Tecent and Microsoft.
Free and compulsory Education Bill passed in Rajya Sabha
- Rajya Sabha passed the Right of children to free and compulsory education (Amendment Bill,2017) on 1 Aug 2017. On 22 July 2017, Lok Sabha already passed the bill which amends Right of Children to free and compulsory Education (RTE) act 2009.
Research Turmeric helps treat cancer in children
- In U.S, group of scientist discovered that curcumin, the bioactive component of turmeric (Haldi) can treat cancer in children. According to research, cur cumin can destroy neuroblastoma tumor cells.
Ravinder Jadeja is on the Top on ICC Test Ranking
- In ICC Test Ranking, Ravinder Jadeja (spin bowler) is on the top while Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli is on 5th position. Cheteshwar Pujara is on 4th position and Shikhar Dhawan is on 39th. In batting list, Australian Captain Steve Smith is on top.
Forbes Asia’s 200 Best Under a Billion – 3 Indian companies register
- Indias Three companies succeeded to be in the recent list of Asias best under a billion 2017 by forbes, 3 Indian companies (Manpasand Beverages, Kelton Tech Solution and 8K Miles software services) their register presence by excellent performance. China, Hong Kong and Taiwan is on the top.