Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Facebook launched YouTube’s competitor “Watch”
- Social Media’s favorite wall Facebook launched a new video programming platform called Watch for creators and publishers.
- Watch will give competition to YouTube. New programme of Facebook watch will be available on mobile, desktop, laptop as well as in TV apps.
Today, Venkaiah Naidu take auth to become 13th Vice President of India
- NDA Candie Venkaiah Naidu has been elected as 13th Vice President of India.
- Today, on 11th August, Naidu will take auth to
New law passed for menstruating women
- Nepal’s Parliament has passed a law that criminalises, chaupadi, an anciet practice that banishes women form home during mensuration and after childbirth.
- According to new law, the practice of the custom will bring in a three month Jail sentence or fine of Nepali Rs.3000 or both.
Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra launched by UP Government
- Government of Uttar Pradesh has launched Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra.
- This is an awareness drive along banks of Ganga River to maintain cleanliness.
- The drive has been organized to spread awareness in 25 districts situated of the banks of river Ganga.
NCERT launched Web Portal to serve Textbooks
- Minister of State, Upendra Kushwaha has launched NCERT web portal to supply textbooks to schools & individuals in Delhi.
- Schools will able to place their textbooks order for session 2018-19 through online web portal www.ncertbooks.ncert.gov.in before 08.09.2017.
Industrial parks approved in Andhra Pradesh
- Ministry of Commerce and industries’ department of Industrial Policy and promotion has approved two projects for development of industrial clusters at Hindupur and Bobbili in the District of Anantapur and Vizianagaram of Andhra Pradesh.
QATAR allow Visa Free Entry for 80 countries
- Qatar announced visa-free entry programme for citizens of 80 countries to encourage tourism & air travelling. India is also one of them.
- Qatar is sovereign country located in Western Asia, it is gas rich country that host the soccer world cup in 2022.
World’s largest investment in Flipkart by Softbank Vision Fund
- Softbank Vision Fund invest largest amount in one of the leading e-commerce company Flipkart.
- The investment amount is approx $2 billions.
- Softbank Vision Fund has made largest share holder in Flipkart by investing this amount.
Supreme Court asks from Five states about High Security Plates
- The Supreme Court asked from five states about the High Security Registration Plates for all Vehicles.
- The SC bench includes Chief Justice J S Khehar and Justice Adarsh Goel and D Y Chandrachud issued notice to Goa, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh and south their replies in four weeks.
ICICI Bank launched Instant Credit Card Service
- ICICI launches instant debit card service, Now Saving Account customers of ICICI will able to get a digital credit card instantly in completely paperless manner.
- ICICI customer should have get instant credit card through net banking via online web portal.
Oxford launched Tamil, Gujrati Online Dictionaries
- After Hindi version dictionary, Oxford University launched online dictionaries in Gujrati and Tamil languages.
Bollywood Actor Sitaram Panchal has passed away
- Bollywood actor and Peepli Live Sitaram Panchal died after battling kidney and lung cancer.
- Sitaram was known for his unconventional roles in films like Slumdog Millionaire, Peepli Live, Paan Singh Tomar and Jolly LLB.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017