Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
Indian railways earned additional revenue of Rs.540 crore
- The Indian Railways has earned Rs.540 crore, additional revenue by Flexi Fare Scheme launched in September 2016.
- Scheme is applicable in RajDhani, Shatabdi and Duronto in which 10% of the seats to be sold at normal rate and thereafter increasing of 10% with every 10% of berth sold with a ceiling of 50%.
Assam declares as disturbed area for one another month
- Under the Armed forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA), Assam declared as disturbed area by Centre Government for another one month.
- In addition, Border of Meghalaya area adjoining Assam and 3 districts in Arunachal Pradesh also declared disturbed under AFSPA for 2 more months.
Iran’s biggest car deal with Renault
- Two Iranian companies have signed the country’s biggest ever car deal with $778 with French multinational automobile produced Group Renault to manufacture 150000 cars.
Next Chief Justice of India – Dipak Mishra
- Justice Dipak Mishra has been appointed as the Chief Justice of India. 45th chief Justice of India Dipak Mishra was nominated by Present CJI JS Khehar previous month.
- He is the 3rd from Odisha after Justice Ranganath Mishra and G B Pattanaik.
Courts opposed a proposal of ALL-India Judicial Service
- India’s nine High Courts have opposed a proposal to have an all-Indian service for the lower judiciary. Only two have supported the idea.
- However, Most of the High Courts want the administrative control over the subordinate judiciary to remain with the respective High Courts.
MGC meeting held in Philippines
- The 8th Mekong Ganga Cooperation meeting (MGC) in Manila, Philippines where India has called for expanding the areas of cooperation among members countries.
- The MGC is as initiative by India and five ASEAN countries including Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam for cooperation in tourism, culture, education, transport and communications.
Ravindra Jadeja ranked No-1 Test All-rounder
- Indian cricketer Sir Ravindra Jadeja becomes the number one all rounder in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Ranking 2017.
- Ravindra Jadeja has 7 points lead over Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan. Jadeja got the position for same match that led him to get suspended for one test.
Merger of NCRB and BPRD
- Home ministry has merged National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) with Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD).
- Aim of the merger is to improve the efficiency of administrative and optimal utilization of resources for development works relate policing.
2030WRG decided to help MH with $270
- Maharashtra Government to raise $270 million from the Green Climate Fund. The 2030 water Resources Group has decided to help Maharashtra.
- The amount will be invested in integrated watershed programmers such as Jalyukt Shivar Yojana.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017