Read daily current affairs in easiest language to grab the knowledge for Govt exams preparation. Visit regular to get daily updates.
To encourage Handloom National Handloom Day celebrated
- To encourage the sector of handloom, National Handloom day celebrated on 07 August 2017. The day was chosen because the Swadeshi Movement was launched in 1905, the revival of domestic products.
New nanotechnology drug delivery system developed
- A team of women researchers from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi has develoep a new nanotechnology based drug delivery system.
- According to research, it has ability to boost the effectiveness of antibiotics at the cellular level and improve chances of recovery from cancer related infections.
New Executive Director of World Bank- S. Aparna
- Senior IAS officer form Gujarat S.Aparna has appointed as Executive Director of the World Bank. The appointments committee of the Cabinet made this appointment. S. Aparna will represent the constituency of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka for 3 years.
Vijendra win Oriental Super Middleweight title
- Boxer Vijender Singh beats Zulpikar Mainmaitiali and wins WBO Oriental Super Middleweight title. In Battleground Asia at Mumbai, Vijendra recorded a unanimous decision win over his Chinese opponent and continued his undefeated streak
2nd phase of Measles-rubella vaccination launched
- To reduce measeles morbidity and mortality, 2nd phase of Measels Rubella vaccination campaign has been launched by The Union Ministery of Health and Family Welfare. It will cover 8 states and union territories.
For pollution monitoring low cost CO sensor developed
- Researchers from Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru have developed a highly sensitive low cost nanometer-Scale carbon monoxide (CO) sensor to monitor the pollution in environmental.
Largest plant of Britannia would set up in Maharashtra
- Britannia, India leading FMCG industries would set up its largest plant in Food Park at Ranjangaon, Maharashtra. It will be the largest biscuits manufacturing plant with six lines along with cake and Rusk.
Mats for treatment of Arthritis
- IIT Guwahati’s scientists make mats of silk-proteins & bioactive glass fibers that can repair worn-out joint in arthritis patient. Current methods of treatment are limited by lack of viable tissue substitutes to aid the repair process.
Life ban on Sreesanth raised by Kerala HC
- Netherland won 1st major women international tournament and defeat Denmark in Euro 2017 final. It was a thrilling 4-2 victory.
New deal between Indonesia and Russia
- Indonesia and Russia have signed a new deal to trade Sukhoi SU-35 for commodities like tea & Coffee. Indonesia has $411 million trade surplus with Russia in 2016 and aims to expand its partnership in tourism, education among others.
Latest Jobs Notifications 2017